DRDO and AICTE Launched New M. Tech. Program in Defense Technology
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has launched M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology on July 8.
The programme was launched by DRDO Chairman G Reddy and AICTE Chairman Anil D at a virtual event.
Institute of Defence Scientists & Technologists (IDST) will provide support to AICTE affiliated Institutes/Universities, IITs, NITs and private engineering institutes to conduct this program in online and offline format. The AICTE is translating courses and creating online and offline content in 11 different languages.
Aim of this course
- Impart necessary theoretical and experimental knowledge, skill and aptitude in various defence technology areas.
- Such a specialised program will enable the creation of a large pool of talented workforce for defence sector.
- Under this course, students will be trained in subjects like Combat Technology, Aero Technology, Naval Technology, Communication Systems and Sensors, Directed Energy Technology and High Energy Material Technology.
- The New M. Tech Course in Defence Technology by AICTE will be mentoring students from academic institute/ universities as well as from DRDO labs or industries for conducting experiments.
How can apply for this course
Candidates can apply for the course on the official website- aicte-india.org OR All India Council for Technical Education.
Credits for course and semester
- It is a four-semester programme with a total of 80 credits.
- It is having 6 specialisations.
- The first semester will have a common curriculum and the second-semester curriculum will be varied as per the specialisation.
- The third and fourth semesters include dissertation and industrial training.
Who are Eligibility to take admission in M.Tech course ad DRDO & IIT'S
Those who have pursued B. Tech in aeronautical engineering, applied electronics and communication engineering, applied electronics and instrumentation engineering, chemical technology, chemical engineering, computer science & engineering, computer and communication engineering, computer engineering, computer engineering and applications, computer networking or allied fields will be eligible to apply for the course.
Benefit for students:
- Students will be given an opportunity to complete their main thesis work in DRDO laboratories, Public Sector Defence Undertakings and Industries.
- This program will be beneficial for the students seeking opportunities in the expansion of defines research and manufacturing sector.
- For their final year thesis, the post-graduate students will be presented with opportunities to work at DRDO laboratories, defence Public Sector Units (PSUs) and industries.
Sources: Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO)