Education plays an important role in the development and prosperity of a Nation. Teachers play a crucial role in educating the society which leads to constructing the society. There is three living gods in one human beings life. They are their parents and teacher. So, we can say it is a noble profession to structure a society. The profession of teaching is a challenging and demanding one. A teacher is not only responsible for teaching his/her students, but also shaping his/her students into good citizens and human beings. Not only academic development, ample attention must also be given to moral and emotional development of students.
COURSES, DURATION & ELIGIBILITY:
Well known teacher training courses are-
- BA + B.ED. INTEGRATED COURSE- This 4year long course can be taken after passing 10+2 in any stream, with English subject. 50% minimum aggregate marks is also required (minimum marks required may vary from one institute to another). D.Ed. qualification holders may get admission directly in the second academic year of this program.
- B.SC. + B.ED. INTEGRATED COURSE- This 4year long course can be taken after passing 10+2 in science, with PCM. 50% minimum aggregate marks is also required (minimum marks required may vary from one institute to another). D.Ed. qualification holders may get admission directly in the second academic year of this program.
- B.EL.ED- Bachelor of Elementary Education is also 4 years long. Theory part consists of 3 years. 1 year is dedicated towards practicum course.
- D.EL.ED- Diploma in Elementary Education is a 2 years long course after passing 10+2 in any stream.
- B.P.ED- Bachelor of Physical Education is 3 years long.
- B.ED- 2 years. Minimum qualification required is- BA, B.Sc. or B.Com. Degree. Passed with 50% marks. Minimum marks criteria may vary from one institute to another. One must also pass B.Ed. entrance examination to secure admission.
Some very similar Diploma certificate teacher’s training programs are-
- JBT (Junior Basic Training)
- BTC (Basic Training Certificate)
- PTC (Primary Teachers Certificate)
- ETE (Elementary Teacher Education)
- DED (Diploma in Education)
- NTT (Nursery Teacher Training)
- TTC (Teachers Training Certificate)
Some of special programs are-
- Diploma in early childhood special education
- D.Ed. Special education
- B.Ed. Special education
- BA B.Ed. Special education
- M.Ed. Special education
Schools, Special Schools and Colleges are common places where one may find a job One may work as- Nursery teacher, Primary level teacher, Secondary and Higher Secondary level teacher, Special education teacher or Assistant professor. Job profile depends upon the professional course that one chooses. One may also start own coaching center or work for one. Educational consultancies also hire teachers.